Bruce Pozzi Chapter Service Award
Created in 2004, the Bruce Pozzi Chapter Service Award is given to a member whose service to the Alaska Chapter has been significantly above and beyond expectations during the previous year(s) of service. The award is named for the chapter’s first president, Bruce Pozzi. The award is given based upon a clear demonstration of work in the following areas:
- Impact on PRSA
- PRSA Activities
- Contributions to the Profession Outside of PRSA
Any individual member of PRSA Alaska Chapter may nominate a candidate for an individual award. Each nomination must include a summary of qualifications, no longer than two typed pages, that includes specific examples of success (problem, solution and outcome) in each of the three areas listed above. Examples:
- Demonstrate how the nominee has served the Society through his/her professional achievements, experience and reputation in the profession and broadened its vision through his/her contributions on its behalf.
- Include a list of PRSA activities on a chapter, district, section and national level in which the nominee has effectively participated and how the Society has been strengthened as a result.
- Show how the nominee has furthered credibility of PRSA by participating in professional activities outside of the Society.
- List any awards and accomplishments of relevance.
Each nomination must be accompanied by three letters that second the nomination. (Please note: no more than three letters of recommendation will be considered.) The letters need to specifically address the award criteria. At least one letter must be from a member of the Society. Each letter must be on letterhead and the body can be no longer than 500 words.
No other information shall be considered. Any information sent that exceed word counts, or is outside the above requirements will not be considered.
The Individual Awards Committee will include at least three judges drawn from past presidents of the Chapter, at least two of whom must be APR. Recipients will be recognized during CommEx. Individual awards are given at the sole discretion of the judges.
Bruce Pozzi Chapter Service Award Winners
2004 — Jeri Wigdahl
2007 — Vivian Hamilton, APR, Fellow PRSA
2012 — Mary Deming Barber, APR, Fellow PRSA
2013 — Nance Larsen, APR, Fellow PRSA